Tuesday, November 27, 2007

that old feeling

I am so thrilled right now. Tonight reminded me of the glory days where I could just take off and run wherever as fast as whoever without thinking twice. Yes it was an awesome run tonight. I started off by getting home after 4 and getting all my stuff together. After all that I was out the door at 4:30 and on my way to the complex. It was kind of a weird day weather wise. The sun was out and made it warm, but the breeze was cold and chilly, making it confusing. Basically I "felt" like it was warm so i went with shorts and cutoff. Being as smart as I have gotten, I also packed a t-shirt. Wise decision. As soon as I stepped out the car and saw the shadows already getting long and that cold air, I switched shirts.

The run started off good. I was trying to simulate yesterday's start because that felt so great (taking a short break just before 1 mile, then starting again) I didn't stop this time, but I definitely started off at an easy pace. The air was cold, but I felt pretty good. It is funny that I didn't work on form too much tonight, even though I'm supposed to. I always do that, run form on easy days not planned, and forget too when I write them in. I compensated by doing them after the run when I remembered :) Anyway, the legs felt good again. No pain anywhere and they were just churning out a cadence I could hardly believe. I
was running tall and feeling fine. Mile 1, kept going, 2, 3, 4, 5, when am I going to get tired? Up the large incline at each mile, no tiredness still! I keep the pace going, 6, 7. At this point I start wondering when my ipod will say I've reached my goal. I look down and it is just at 8 (meaning I've ran around 7 laps or 7.7 miles. I figure I'll do one more lap. Up the giant incline again, STILL not breathing or feeling like I'm working hard.

About the only thing I felt was at mile 7 or so my right leg started to ache a little bit. My arms were also cold, but I felt fine. As I made it around lap 8, I still wasn't breathing hard and my legs had plenty left. I could have ran at least another 4 miles, and who knows maybe more after that. It was just one of those feelings of superior energy. I also had a pacer, a younger guy who ran around 6 miles. I gained on him each lap around, and that helped me keep stride, but it still felt like a low effort run. Its funny thinking about the course. I'd say it has a good 200-250 feet of elevation over the whole course. That adds up o
ver 8 laps (1600-2000) which is quite a bit for a normal run.

The blisters on the messed up toe are now bigger, and now I have another one under the first one....yeah. It hasn't bothered me though, I don't mind it anymore. It's kind of like an friend that has annoying habits, they grow on you. (no pun intended)

I still can't believe how great that run felt. I hope for a lot more of those. My compliments to Galloway.

9(9.8)miles. 52-45 degrees. silver

No comments: