Monday, November 19, 2007

Blistered Again

It seems my toes are having a revolution. My left middle toe now has a ginormous blister on it, engulfing much of the inside and front of toe. The blisters hurt today during the run. I had planned a shorter week this week, but now realize it may be shorter than I thought. It is supposed to rain and it will be Thanksgiving, so that is at least a few days off. Blisters are a pain the butt though. They take forever to heal and hurt enough to hinder running longer distances. The plan for now is to take it easy in hopes that by Sunday everything will be good to go. I don't want to miss a long run.

Other than the blisters I also am dealing with pain around the heels. At first I thought it was the achilles, which is bad. But after prodding around the area last night during stretching I found a soft spot. It appears to be a bruise just above the heel and below the inside of the ankle bone. Rest. I cannot get enough of it at this point. I know I need it, but at the same time I always try to justify an easy run. Then once I do, the easy run turns into a medium run, and the purpose has been defeated. I need to be more diligent when it comes to these things.

4(4.5)miles. 5:30pm 60 degrees. silver

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hmm I thought I was mean to my toes with all the dancing but it appears that your feet dislike you more. Good luck with that.