Monday, November 5, 2007

feeling better

Yesterday's long run really put a pounding on my legs. They were shot. I wanted to write about it yesterday but I was barely able to even get down what I did. So today I wanted a shorter and easier run to compensate and give my muscles and bones a good rest. Today there was an ever so slight soreness in the legs, which just screams take it easy. And that is what I did. A rather long 4 miles taking my sweet old time. Around 2 or 3 I reached a groove where I felt like I was floating, but it unfortunately didn't last more than a half mile or so. I hope I can get that back.

Today was a nice day at work. One of the students has been gone and that makes it easier than normal. Still I worked with one girl for over an hour straight and was pretty overwhelmed by that. It wasn't hard, but it's really tedious stuff like asking the same question 50 times....or more. But really it was a great day and tomorrow is an inservice day. Mike said it might rain, but I haven't seen anything on the weather channel. ....... ha, well i just got back from dinner and it is raining right now. But the forecast for tommorow is clear. I guess i just looked passed today.

Ne way I think I'll put in about 7 for tommorow. I had scheduled 8, but since the runs have been hard on my legs I'm cutting a few miles off my longer daily runs for the next two weeks. The long runs will stay the same though. I read up a little in Galloway's book and found a few things I have changed recently I should have already been doing. (like alternating long runs and schedule planning) That thing is like my running bible. I'd like to get some more books in the future. That would be a nice christmas gift. While we were out April got me a headband so I can run in the winter time. It's pretty nice. They had some "elite" running socks, much like the ones I posted a long time ago, but they were quarter length and I don't like that. Hopefully I'll be able to find some more because they are really nice and I only have the one pair.

am Hb @ 60
4 miles. 58 degrees a little windy. silver

1 comment:

Ann said...

Man I love that floating feeling and it is so elusive. I hope you get it back soon.