Sunday, November 11, 2007

extra mile

Today started off as a relaxed day. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (raisin bran is the only thing i eat anymore) and then just kind of did stuff around the house. We fixed Mercedes paw. She was declawed last week and started bleeding so we made her a kitty-cast. She was flinging her arm all yesterday as well as trying her best to gnaw it off. We took it off today and it looked better so we let her be freed.

Vegetable soup and bread slices for lunch. I almost forgot about lunch because I was reading some blogs and shredding old papers. The computer room is starting to look organized, but not as good as the closet yet. After lunch I took a nap on the couch. I wasn't really tired, but I think I just didn't want to organize anything. Got up and it was already close to 3. Gathered up the gear and headed to the complex. It was cooler than I thought it would be today. I decided to go with shorts and a tank, but i brought a tshirt just in case.

The run started off as usual with aching in my heels. After 2 miles it went away as usual too. Today I tried to relax. I just thought of stuff while I ran and didn't focus on anything in particular. I see people walking. Couples, kids, people walking their dogs. A few times I had to dart this way or that to get around them, but for the most part I just sort of slide by. The pavement isn't all that wide, but it is if people don't walk right down the center (which for some insane reason a number of people do)

The word today is "aching". This is the feeling I get in my legs. It isn't a pain or a real hurt, just a general aching of the bones or muscles or something inside there. Toward the end of the run I noticed it was the joints at my hips. I'm pretty sure it will go away as my body readjusts itself to the miles I'm putting in. As long as I don't overdo anything.

I forgot to check my mile schedule and wasn't sure if it was 10 or 11. I decided for 12.5 (ipod) just to be safe. I kept track of my miles today as I ran by my "start line". I ran 9 laps and still had more time left so i just kept going. As I ran i counted what the miles would be 1.1 at 9 laps would be 9.9 plus the run to start off would be 10. I felt great at that point other than my legs. I wasn't breathing hard at all and felt like I had a lot of energy left. One more lap and I finished strong as usual. I ran a little past the start just to end the run at 12.5. So my ipod might not be as far off as I thought. Oh well I like running over. It feels like a safety net for mileage.

It got a lot colder as I ran. My cutoff wasn't doing much for the arms. I also didn't stop for a drink. I didn't really need to. After the run I had my water and tshirt, so it was an immediate cooldown. I like finishing strong and then just walking and feeling like I could do it all again.

11 (12.5) miles. 56-50 degrees. silver

No comments: