Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Easy 4

I read an interesting thing yesterday on Mike's blog. It was from the mystery coach and it was about pacing based on Lydiard's running techniques. It seems there is a pretty simple way to judge whether or not you have run too fast. If you feel like you could run the same run again, you've done an easy run at about 25% effort. If you feel like you could run it again tommorow, then you've done a medium/half effort. And if you feel like you could use an easy day then repeat the run, then you've run about 75% effort. "Never take away from tomorrows workout" was the key quote.

I felt today like I could run the same run again right after. It is a good feeling and Galloway speaks of this feeling quite often in his book. The blisters didn't act up today. I double-socked it and that seemed to help a great deal. I may have to start doing that more often. I always double-socked during basketball, but there is a lot of shifting that goes on that doesn't really happen when running. It's mostly the bottom of the toes where they are gripping the shoe for traction, or between the toes where they have been smooshed together long enough to rub a blister. I have the former and slightly some of the latter :)

Easy run was the key today. I wrote in zero's for this week. I want to take at least 2 days off, but if I can do an easy run, an ACTUAL easy run like today, then I think I may get just a few miles in if it isn't raining. Sorry for the run-on sentence. In the meantime I can be doing strength and toning. I am considering buying a treadmill. Aprils work has gotten real busy lately, and her co-worker is pregnant and out a lot now (only 1 month in too) So I got sent a job today. Pretty cool to be working from home!

alright folks. I would go on and on, but the hunger bug is biting and I need to get these sweaty shoes off.
4(4.5)miles easy. 5pm 65 degrees. silver

No comments: