Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the norm

Not a whole lot to blog today. Had a decent day at work. It doesn't seem like it is already Wednesday. Got home at a decent time and out the door pretty fast too. My ankles haven't been hurting lately at the beginning of my runs like they were so that is nice. There was a little bit of residual tiredness in the legs today. Some of that may have been from a lot of pushing one of the students up and down the hilly sidewalks (about 200-250 lbs) which isn't exactly easy. Either way the run went pretty good. Got to race some new buddies. I gave them a nice long head start. I've been careful about these and make sure now that I am plenty warmed up, not going above 5k race pace, and basically just use it as an acceleration.

The leaves were crunchy today, which was a little different since it has been wet the last few days. It also was pretty warm and I was very comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. Legs turned over well, but not as good as yesterday or the day before. I kept a pretty fast pace today it seemed, but I also have the weekend to recover so it shouldn't add up. At 2 miles I still hadn't slowed down naturally, so I made a conscious effort to take it easy from there.

4(5.25)miles.54 degrees. light grey

No comments: