Friday, November 9, 2007

finally friday

The end of the week. It was quite a treat today at school. The student I was working with just happened to have a siezure, and this just happened to be the first one of any of our students this year. Lucky me. It was not a fun experience. At one point he was entirely blue and had been seizuring for a minute and a half. I thought he was going to die at one point. Luckily Kim was right there and helped me get him on his side and away from the cement wall and desks. He came out of it after what seemed like an eternity and then slept for a few minutes. Working with these students has it's challenges, but at the end of day I know I'm in the right place. It's crazy how life seems to work itself out.

So tonights run was an easy 4 miles around the cookie-cutter houses here. My right leg is acting up and I'm not sure If I'm favoring it or what, but there is some slight pain in there. I tried to Not focus on correcting it, but it was difficult. I kept a steady pace the entire time and the run felt pretty good. At the end a woman's voice told me I had run my fastest mile, but I'm pretty sure that voice was insane. I checked the stats and I was running my normal 7:40 pace the whole time. Perhaps my ipod is on drugs. At this point it is possible. I went to check my run last night and the thing was off, and wouldn't come back on. After a few choice words and raising my voice at an inanimate object I searched online and found how to reset it. It worked and all was right again.

The weather is warming up. Today I ran in shorts and a t-shirt. It cooled down a little when toward the end of the run though. I think it was mostly due to the wind, which was coming from the south. This weekend and the start of next week look beautiful. It is supposed to be 70 on Monday.

Tomorrow is a day off. I'm looking forward to it for once. I can feel my legs asking for a break, and so it shall be. I still plan on walking though. In Galloways book he says an easy day doesn't necessarily mean no running, it means running at an easy pace. That is up for interpretation, and judging from the pains in my legs recently, it means a zero stress day. No chance of overdoing it that way. I'm trying to play it safe for now. Look at it this way; A runner who can't run is far worse than a runner who is slow.

4 (5.08) miles. warmer 55 degrees. silver

No comments: