Friday, December 7, 2007

sort of easy

Good day today. Not to stressful at work helped a lot. Got home a little later. We are planning a Christmas party next week, so we stayed after a while and talked. I don't mind that, but in my head I'm just thinking about the daylight we're burning and how long traffic is going to take before I get home. I tried to stay patient though.

Run started off as normal. I always have a little pain at the very base of my heel like the achilles isn't warmed up. I should probably start a little jog routine, but I just run the first mile slower. Right ankle is still a little sore, but definitely doesn't hurt a lot or as often as it was. I'll just keep taking it easy on the sharp turns. I made sure to run them very carefully lately and can definitely tell a difference.

Saw the local kids out playing tonight. They tossed me the football a few times, and tried to race me. It was kind of bad setup. I "raced" one kid, then as soon as that 100 meters was over another one was ready for me and so on. That was like a 400m acceleration. Felt pretty good though, and I made sure to not go very fast and just tire them out. They kept up with me pretty good. After that though the legs were pretty burned out. That was at 1 mile. It took till mile 4 before they got the fresh feeling back, but obviously still not 100%. It was kind of nice to run with tired legs, but also probably not the smartest training move. It's hard to resist a race, even if it is for fun against kids.

Rest of the run went well. At one point a neighbor who was out smoking on his porch saw me and asked "how many miles you run a week?" Without missing a beat I said "About forty" and kept my stride. He nearly swallowed his cigarette and said "no way" and I was already in the other direction.

4(5.25). 48 degrees. GM 28

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love your neighbors. Perhaps you should have asked him to join you. :) But 40 miles is a lot to most people so I can't fault him for almost swallowing his burning stick of nicotine.

Ron said...

I prefer "cancer sticks" or "breathing treatment". I saw him out blowing leaves around his yard today, but nothing was said. I used to see a running couple often, but they must have got lazy.