Monday, December 3, 2007

monday seemed like tuesday

I'm not sure if it was wishful thinking or what, but for some reason today just felt a lot like Tuesday. I even turned on the tv at 8 to watch the biggest loser. Ha. I guess it was a long day to seem like two had passed already. It was colder today than it has been. The high was in the forties somewhere. When I went out it was 4:30 and not too bad outside. The good part was no clouds. There were already shadows forming. It was cool to run up a hill into the sunset and see really long shadows coming from tiny little pebbles scattered across the road. It was cold running into the wind, which was coming straight from canada. My face about froze off on those stretches. I probably should have wore a headband, but didn't want overkill sweatage going on. Shorts, an undershirt, longsleeve were pretty comfortable other than the frozen face.

I was sniffling a lot on the run. That was kind of a good thing, because I had to keep my head perfectly straight if I didn't want my nose to run. I felt like I went medium pace tonight. Not the 7:50 i was looking for, but my ankle had absolutely no pain at all so it was all good. It is still bruised/tender, but it doesn't hurt to run on, which is kind of nice. I did take it pretty easy though. I didn't bust out any 7:00 miles like yesterday as far as I know. I'm not real sure since my internet is being a pain. It will connect some sites and not others. I have been trying off and on for about an two hours to connect here and finally it went through. (i'll have to save this in case the publish button doesn't work)

I do know the overall pace was 7:30. That seems about right. I was going pretty good, but not too fast. I did get an acceleration in when I raced a kid down the street. I started off slow and gradual increased to about 75% speed. It was good and carried me through the rest of the run. Well not much else to say.

4(5.36)miles. 38 degrees chilly. SM 334

No comments: