Monday, December 10, 2007

5 miles

Today was just a good old recovery run around the hood. Nothing special of note. Weather was extremely warm though. 70 degrees and it's December 9th!! I grew up in Ohio and this is just ludicrous. It is supposed to cool down, but not after a record breaking 70+ degrees tomorrow. I am still feeling good about the treadmill decision. I like knowing I don't have to trudge through the rain. I suppose I still could, but I can get just as good of a workout on the tread without the craziness.

Felt nice to have shorts and a t-shirt again, albeit a bit weird sweating so much. The run felt faster than it actually was for once, probably due to the heat. Felt very smooth and consistent strides, but the right toe connection at the ball of my foot is still sore or bruised. I don't think I had enough cushion for my long run. Normally I'd wear different shoes, but it just didn't seem right on the treadmill. I'll remember that for my medium distance runs. I've already made the vow not to ever do a long run, at least no more than 9 miles at the pace I was going. 8 is doable, but any more than that is beyond boring. It truly was a fight to finish that long run yesterday.

5(6.15)miles. 71 degrees. GM 33

No comments: