Saturday, December 8, 2007

where to go?

Long run coming up tomorrow, today was a rest day. I'm not sure where I'm running at, but it's not going to be at the complex. I'll pass on watching the same things for 2 hours. I'm thinking it's time to check out the Greenways that are on the way to school. The Turkey Trot was partially on one, but there are a few entrances to the loop. I think I'll just drive over and see what I see. There appears to be a 7 mile out and back over there, so running the same roads 4x is better than 14x for sure.

It will be nice to get to a new place though. My next long run will be in Ohio on break. I'm really looking forward to those long mile roads. I ran some by my house quite often in HS. I may even be able to find the notebook I tracked it in if I look through my old stuff there. I've been wondering about things like that for about a month now. When I'm back from break I might visit Oak Ridge for a good long trail run.

I'm wanting to get up early and go in the morning (that whole preparation thing) but if I don't a mid-morning seems like it will work since it is supposed to rain in the afternoon.
Looks to be really warm, about 65 degrees warming up all night and well into the morning. Shorts and t-shirt should accomodate. I also need to bring along some kind of snack and some water since it will probably be around a 2 hour run. Have had some stomach problems today so not real sure how good I'll feel. Legs have been worked pretty hard the past few weeks so today's rest should help a lot. I think I'll be ready to go once I get there.

No comments: