Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nice One

A lot of rain today. I figured I would be on the treadmill tonight. On the way home though I saw some blue in the distance, and the huge clouds were moving off while I was getting ready to run. I figured I would go for 6 miles. I'm trying to add a mile or two here and there this week since I wanted a pretty high average. The run started off well enough with my normal route around the ENTIRE neighborhood, that is running every road possible about 3 miles. I also normally start an extra stretch to get to 4.5-5. Legs were turning over brilliantly, I attribute it to liking the feel of my shoes as I always seem to go faster with them on.

So the first route was done, I started a second. Usually on this one I'd skip the HH, but I felt ambitious and also felt like I was holding back a lot, so I went ahead and got up it for the second route. Finished that one up about the same pace. Breathing was none and legs were starting to tire from the 2 trips up the mountain. After a mile they recovered and I was starting the 3rd route. Up the HH again!! Quads were really starting to slow me down, but I still felt good. At 7 I was done, but went ahead and ran some extra for an even 8 miles reality, picking it up alot. It was a good run. I can really feel the effects from the long run Sunday. I definitely have more air to burn.

It was wet tonight, but shorts and t-shirt were fine. Should be clear until Sat/Sun, but I have trusty treddy if it does so no worries. I was reading a blog somewhere that was about how much someone hated treadmills. I actually don't mind them, but agree with the poster that they don't simulate actual running. I think a treadmill workout is better than an stupid/dangerous real workout anyday. If it is pouring rain or snowing I won't be slipping and sliding and further hurting my ankle, and that is a refreshing knowledge.

7:52, 20, 31, 34, 23, 22, 28, 30, 09

8(9.25)miles. 52 degrees and wet. SM 354

No comments: