Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9.23.08

My calves were sore today, I only did like two sets of 15 yesterday. So that wasn't the best thing in the world. But it was a good run today. I fell asleep around 5 when April got home, she decided to pass out too, and I got up a little after 6:30. Man I thought for a few seconds about skipping the run, but my smarter side took over. I've been doing well and so decided to continue the tradition.

The run started off fairly well at the complex. Just took the first two miles kinda slow, then started to work. I was really feeling fine other than my legs (overall) just feeling kind of sore. But they started to warm up and before I knew it I was halfway done. I had a little motivation tonight as there is a guy who runs with his dog. I think it's a cocker-spaniel, but it runs with him without a leash which is cool. It never bothers me when I run by, so all was good. Anyway the guy is pretty fast, but usually only stays for a few miles. So I tried to beat his pace every time around. About two miles to go I really started moving, and the last mile I just went all out.

I haven't checked my ipod so I don't know exactly how fast I was going on it. It wasn't my fastest ever, BUT it was at the end of my run, and I was feeling really good. I did notice a few blisters on my toes though. I haven't really had any lately so that wasn't good, but they weren't too bad either. Anyway I finished pretty strong and it felt good to go fast for an entire mile. Since it was already dark it was nice and cool out and that made the run even easier.

I've just been thinking about my goals lately and on these harder runs I need to just go ahead and work really hard. I need to get a lot faster. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even working, and so I'm going to try to get out of that habit on my Tuesday/Thursday runs and really work to get my legs strong. So that run is out of the way, and 80 minutes has never felt shorter before.

full back routine

7:00pm, soccer complex,slight wind, a
very cool 68?? degrees
1:22:30, bf 505

No comments: