Thursday, September 25, 2008

9.25.08

Pretty nice run tonight. Girls were playing soccer tonight so at least there was some action. I couldn't help but think what people thought of me, running circles around them all night. So I started off slow as usual getting my first lap in, but of course that didn't last too long and I was ready to start running. Everything went really well. My shincalf wasn't hurting at all tonight. I think if I keep doing what I'm doing and getting rest + doing my calf raises and such that it will be fine, maybe even stronger than before. So the legs turned over really well.

Breathing wise I only had trouble towards the end going up the inclines, other than that it was wide open. So I stayed steady, pushing here and there when i felt like it. I really worked getting a soft landing and running smooth. I'm not really sure but I think the shin thing was from landing slightly too hard or something. Either way it seemed to help. The last mile and half I pushed the pace really good, felt like maybe 90% effort or more certainly somewhere below 6 minute pace I think. I really wanted to push because I wasn't breathing hard enough. My legs were a little tight, but I really felt like there was a lot of effort to spend. I might have to start doing a hill workout on Thursday's, Tuesday is too close to the long run. Well that's all the thoughts I have for today.

6:30, soccer complex, 76 degrees shady and cool
1:23:10, bf 521

No comments: