Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9.24.08

Felt really good today on my run. My shincalf was acting up a little but not bad. A nice easy run a little earlier at home. It wasn't too hot, and there was a pretty good wind so it actually felt kind of cool. Also there was a lot of shade so that helped too. I didn't do any accelerations tonight because I did that fast mile last night. I don't think there was a great need for them anyway.

We got a new washer from a person April knows tonight, so that's why I had to work out earlier. We got our old one from 70's loaded up and the other one is all hooked up and ready. I ended up getting a pretty good cut on my palm. It was bleeding, but didn't hurt until afterward when I washed it out. It was kind of deep, but I'll manage.

So tonight it's core work which includes sittups, and I might do just one set of calf raises. I also am starting to stretch again. I stopped before because I didn't think it was doing anything for me. In fact there are entire arguments that stretching does nothing for you, and that they could even slow you down. All I know is I like being flexible and if that hurts my running somehow so be it. I mean not being able to touch your toes is pretty sad. I also read a blog a while back and the person had actually seen Ryan Hall and the other elites at the pre-race massage tables or something. Anyway he said that they were all really flexible, so I'm kind of leaning toward that.

4:15pm, home, 80 degrees??? little windy
49:00, bf 511

No comments: