Monday, January 7, 2008

6 on the sticks

er.. legs. whatever. 6 miles around the hood for some recovery. Started off pretty badly as I was sore from yesterday. Not so much sore as beat up. I felt like I had been through a washing machine or whipped around through a tornado somewhere. First mile was pretty much ouch and ouch, but by the fourth mile everything was feeling warmed up, my own remake of the wizard of oz tin man. Not very hard run really, took it real easy and careful. Left quad was the most sore, and the right ball/toe connection didn't hurt until after the run.

Tomorrow I have to work the concessions at the basketball game. It's part of my track coach penance. I chose to go to the late game, varsity I assume, so that I could get my run in before going. We got out a few minutes early today so that was nice. I was done running before April got home at 5:30. She went for her run when she got back. Pretty cool that she has been working out a little more frequently. It also helps that the time...is...slowly...going back to normal again.

Tried out the new shoes. They got mud on the soles today, that means time to break them in : ) Looked at yesterday's graph. Pretty self-explanatory. I'll upload it sometime, but all my screenshot programs were deleted when I reformatted by computer and I haven't put them back on yet.

6(6.5)miles. 67!!! degrees. Zoom 6

2 comments:

Ann said...

Glad to know you are recovering. I was worried for you. If it makes you feel better I have been dancing for 2 years and the same spot on my foot still gets sore every time I dance more than 2 hours in my heels. That is why the phrase play through the pain exists. :0

Ron said...

yeah, but if you remember one of my blogs a while back about the HS cross country girl, pain is not something to take lightly. There is always a reason for it, but the solution usually isn't what you want to hear :)