Wednesday, January 9, 2008

getting there

Legs were better today, but definitely not 100%. Especially the left calf. It was tight and still pretty sore for at least the first 3 or 4 miles. It was a gorgeous day for a run. I mean just downright incredible. A nice cool breeze around 55 degrees or so and clear blue skies above. I only had to run 6 today, but felt like I was just getting the leg warmed up and I went out fairly slow so I knew I had plenty left. Saw the pugs again, but stopped this time and walked the cul de sac and petted them. The black one was nice, the white still wanted to bark at me. Once I had let them jump all over me for a second or two I was back off. That was a nice break at 2 miles and I think it helped loosen up the calf.

Still it wasn't an easy run. The legs were definitely tired. I'm not sure if running will ever be easy, and I'm not sure I ever want it to be. I guess when that starts happening you go faster or longer or both. Fortunately this is the base phase and these runs are supposed to feel that way, so it is a good thing. I start my "climbing" phase next. It sounds a lot better than hills. That will be interesting and a good change, although it's the same thing except for one day a week.

8(8.6)miles. 54 degrees cool breeze. SM 430

No comments: