Thursday, January 24, 2008

brr

Incredibly cold today, even though it didn't look it. It was nice and sunny but the wind was straight out of the north and freezing. This, coupled with running into it, proved to be comparable to my runs in Ohio. Well, okay not quite because at least here I could somewhat avoid the wind, but in Ohio there's nowhere to hide. I ran the course backwards, so that the open straightaway would be with the wind, and the blocked straightaway would be against it. I know I'm a genius. That made the run a million times better as the first lap I would have rather been drowning in an arctic shelf somewhere. So after that change everything was awesome and the run took off. Miles were burning by and although it was still chilly with crosswind, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Hills were a little tough at first, but once the legs warmed up there wasn't much that could have stopped me.

Feeling good about today, maybe a little faster than I would have liked. I will definitely calm it down tomorrow and hold back on the pace just slightly and see where I end up. Looks to be a fun day as the kids are ice skating for special olympics.

April and I ate out tonight at a good Italian place. The food was good, but the dessert, oh my. At one point I think I started floating to heaven. We are stuffed now as it was all you can eat salad and bread.

8(8.74)miles. 20 degrees with windchill. GM 156

No comments: