Saturday, January 5, 2008

fast easy run

okay maybe a little too fast. I went out like a banchee and ended up with a sub 7 first mile. Not exactly the best way to start off an easy run the day before you are doing you're long run. Thing is it felt fine and I followed with a 7:08 and a 7:06. At that point I knew I was pushing the limit and slowed it back down to normal. Pretty fun easy run though! No HH made it easy today, but the legs were feeling good and the silver shoes were streaking.

We'll see if that affects my 18 miles tomorrow. I'm dreading it, but at the same time it will be a great achievement and another step toward an awesome half marathon. In addition to that I've been trying to keep my runs at or over 1 hour. I think that is a good goal for runs. Rather than shorter runs that don't build a lot of lung capacity, the longer ones will keep the heart rate up and lungs open. It seems to be helping. Take a look at the training log to see how that has been playing out, I keep it updated often.

5(5.51)miles. 46 degrees. SM 416

2 comments:

Ann said...

I don't think I realized how to spell banshee until I just read it there. :)Hope the 18 cranked out easy.

Ron said...

haha, I think its a monkey? as for the spelling I've always thought of it with a "c" so I'm sticking to it :)