Thursday, January 1, 2009


Wow another new year is here. I have been in Ohio since last night and things have been kind of crazy. We didn't get here till just before new years. After a seven hour drive I was pretty tired, but we had to stay up for New Year's. We actually visited my aunt who lives next door and had some food and saw a few of the family members. It was loud and boisterous and I ended up with a huge headache. After hanging out there we went back to our house for New Year's. Since we didn't have Christmas we decided to do it all in one night. So technically we get two Christmas' this year :-) After opening presents with my sister and her husband, mom and dad opened theirs. It was a lot of fun, but I was totally wiped out as it was already crazy late.

So this morning I slept in way too long. We always go to my grandma's for New Year's Day roast and sauerkraut. It's pretty much the only time of year I actually eat it, but it's always good. Anyway since it was already late when I woke up I didn't have much time to run. I felt bad because I knew we would get there later than we wanted to, but it's the first day of the year, it's almost a requirement to start off on a good note. Anyway I went on for the run. It is cold here. Actually it wasn't too bad, it was the Wind that was killer. I went for my usual hour long run, fully decked out in all my warm clothes.

The first half of the run was okay. It was windy, but it was toward my back or at my side for some of the roads. The bad part was that it was blowing my pant legs so hard that each step i took I had to sort of drag my foot through. That and the fact it was cold made for a trying run. Many times I just wanted someone to come pick me up and take me back home. I made it halfway and then just tried to survive. I knew the trip back would not be fun. It was extremely cold now with the wind in my face and blowing me in the opposite direction. I pushed through it though. Once my face was numb I didn't really notice the cold as much, but still had to run pretty hard into the wind to maintain a decent pace. Finally I made it back to the house and actually had a little time left over so I did a few little pickup in a loop around our property. It was a good run. Definitely cold, but good. It's supposed to be slightly warmer tomorrow, but I just hope it isn't so windy.

Grandma's house was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen some of my family since last year so it was definitely good to hang out with them. I even taught my cousins a game and that was definitely a lot better than sitting around doing nothing or watching football all day. I don't know if it's just me, but I just don't care much for football. Call me anti-american or whatever, but I just don't get into it like everyone else seems to. I like football, but I'm just not gung-ho about it. Anyway I hope you all had a nice New Years, I know I definitely enjoyed mine.

11:30 am. schooler road. 20 degrees w/wind chill,
wind 17 mph from S.
1:05:00, bf 973

No comments: