Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10.1.08

October is here and so is fall. Nice and cool today. I went to just about every fitness center I could this morning. One of them might have some hope, but I'm not real sure. I talked to the girl at the front desk and she said she was cutting back her hours in the morning. That would be a decent job, but all jobs are pretty much the same when you think about it. At least all the ones around here. After that I visited the kids at Farragut which was nice. Then I stopped by a few more places with no luck and went to eat lunch with April. I got my new license plates today so my car is officially Tennessee. And that was about it for the day.

So running tonight was nice. It was a little windy, but nothing too bad. The good part was the COOL weather. The high today was maybe 65-68 degrees so it was definitely colder outside. Perfect running weather really. Just a little colder and it's too cold, but anywhere around 60 is perfect to me. My hams were still just a tad sore/tight so I was thinking this would be an real easy 10. And at first I wasn't feeling too good. The first half hour I couldn't get good turnover and I really felt like I was trudging along. But right after that I felt it. The knees started to lift and instead of shuffling I was turning over. The legs started loosening up too, and although I could tell they weren't 100% I got the o.k. to push a little. So that was nice and I got into a really good groove. Before I knew it I had ran by all the wonderful walkers 8 times and it was time for my final lap. I hesitated to push too hard, but it felt nice and I just stayed controlled and smooth.

So after tomorrows easy run the hams should be fine. Longer run Friday, then a day off Saturday before the 2 hour long run. The only thing I've been thinking about is the race on the 11th. I still have a long run scheduled for the next day..... I might change that although in the back of my head I just want to make it an easy one. But for now I'll leave it because I'm not sure how this 5k will go. I've been running REALLY well for just over a month, and I think this will be a good 5k. We'll see how it goes. I'm just keeping the options open for now.

5:58 pm, soccer complex, 64 degrees wind 7-10 mph
1:20:16, gf 191

No comments: